Sunday, August 19, 2012

Some visitors

Eric and I love having visitors and we can't understand why everyone is not clamoring to come visit beautiful SD. We have been working on Eric's parents since we moved here, and it finally took a baby to get them out here. Texas isn't that far away, right? :)

We sure kept them busy the week they were here, taking them to all of our favorite places. Meaning we were out every day, which was definitely interesting with a new baby.  But we managed pretty good, I think.  It just meant that Abby and I often sat (since she would need to eat) while everyone else ran around.

Day 1: Visit to the temple and Mount Soledad
Eric and his sister Brittany on top of Mount Soledad

Day 2: Harbor, Seaport Village, Bird Rock Tide Pools

Like mother, like son.  If his grandma where there, they would all three be down there.

Isn't this cute? Eric's mom and dad.


Day 3: Abby's baby blessing and Mormon Battalion Visitor Center



Panning for gold at the visitor's center

Day 4: Beach Day (Coronado) and Balboa Park

First time to the beach! She ate and slept most of the time.




Day 5: La Jolla Cove and Old Town





Day 6: The Zoo



The small giraffe in the background was born the day before Abby! There was also a baby giraffe born the day we went to the zoo. So cute.

Day 7: Cabrillo
Abby finally touched the ocean water.  And hated it. 



So fun to have visitors!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

You guys sure did a lot of fun stuff. Definitely makes me miss San Diego!

Lindsay said...

It took a baby for anyone to come see us when we lived in Indiana -- but Muncie didn't have as much to boast as I'm sure San Diego does (though it did have a pretty impressive canning jar museum....;). I'd come to San Diego in a heartbeat if I wasn't separated from it by an entire continent. Hopefully someday we'll all live a little closer -- or have the means to travel more often. I'm glad you were able to get some visitors, though! It looks like you had lots of fun!