Saturday, August 25, 2012

Goodbye pump!

Yesterday I went to return the breastpump I have had the last two months. Though I haven't been using it for the past 3 weeks or so, actually returning it makes me feel as if we (me and the baby) have finally made it. Breastfeeding is going wonderfully now and we have come a long way from the day I went to pick it up two months ago. Then, I was close to tears pretty much all the time and worried constantly about Abby and all the feeding problems we were having. I will always be grateful to my lactation consultant, Annie, and the other consultants I met with, and the support group I have been going to. With their help, we were able to work through the different problems and make this happen. Diane, the support group lactation educator, said that I must also be very stubborn. Which is true... I was determined to make this work if it was at all possible.

I am not sorry at all to see that pump go. And I was quite happy to have it tucked away in the closet the last couple of weeks. That pump and I did not get along very well. I have a friend who prefers pumping and then feeding her baby bottles all the time. To each her own, I suppose. But that pump saved me. It brought me from a milk supply that had dropped seemingly overnight to nothing back up to enough. (Well, that combined with a few other things we did) Every time I feel that strange pins and needles sensation as the milk fills up, I feel so grateful.

And beautiful little Abby is growing so well!  As of yesterday she is 10lb 14oz at 11 weeks. And she is just the cutest thing.

This picture is about a month old, but it just needed a reason to be on the blog. She is just too cute. 

No comments: