Monday, April 23, 2012

Baby Shower!

Saturday was my baby shower.  I have been looking forward to it for weeks!  I have never had my very own baby shower before! :) My sister Ruthie who lives in Phoenix has been planning it along with my visiting teachers and good friends Brittany and Cori. My sister Tamara also helped out and did a super fun game.

The day got off to a very stressful start as Ruthie's plane from Phoenix was not able to land in San Diego. I didn't know this at first and was waiting at the airport for her, wondering why she wasn't calling me since the airport's website was showing that her plane landed an hour before!  I was thinking her phone must have died and she was stranded somewhere when finally I got a phone call from my dad telling me her plane had been rerouted. Two hours away.  Oh dear. But thankfully, the airport she was at just happened to be the one about 15 minutes from my parents' house who also just happened to be about to drive down to SD for the shower. So she arrived with my family, an hour before the shower. So glad that ended up working out!  Just bummed we didn't get our time together in the morning. 

But the shower was amazingly perfect. And so much fun! 


Everything looked so nice, I wish I had gotten more pictures of the tables and decorations. That glass canister in the background is filled with the cutest homemade soaps that Cori made for party favors.  They are beautiful. And then on the table in the background you can kind of see the centerpieces which were mini diaper cakes and then a pot with flower made of baby washcloths. Super cute!




 And the food. Yummy. Cori and Brittany went all out and made some amazing things - mini pita bread with hummus, mini fruit pizzas, orzo salad, etc. So good, and not just junk food! 

One of the games we played - guessing how big I am. 


Ronell from my ward was the winner!


My mom and sister Tamara with my niece Hannah, Eric and my Dad hiding out in the background. All of my family was able to drive down for the shower which was awesome since a lot of them have not yet been able to come visit us in SD yet.  


My sister Ruthie and I. We realized as we were about to drive her back to the airport that we had not gotten a picture together at the shower.  So this is just outside our place.

What a fun day! Thanks so much Ruthie! 

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I'm so glad it all worked out. It was so fun!!!

Tamara said...

It all came together very nicely and was so much fun!!