50 weeks, 1800+ hours, an ever-changing schedule, and five worn-out interns.. But as of Wednesday, we are now all officially done!
The UCSD Medical Center Dietetic Intern Class of 2010-2011!
| Edna, Natasha, Mei, Samantha, me |
We had our small graduation ceremony Wednesday evening. My parents,my sister Celestia and my brother Edward were able to make the trip down. It was great to have some family there! I think my mom was even more excited than I was when I got into this internship (she is an RD herself) and has been a great support and listening ear throughout this entire time. She never did an internship herself (there were different routes to becoming an RD back then) and so has been living this internship through me.
A dietetic event would not be complete without great food and our Chef Adam really did an amazing job. There was a 'risotto action station', hummus and flat bread, so many different cheeses (I couldn't tell you the names of any of them, except that one was some sort of special goat cheese) and fresh bread, fruit with white chocolate fondue... Sound good? And that was just some of it! Yum!
| Adam making my risotto |
| The family |
| My good friend and visiting teacher, Cori |
Alia was one of my most favorite preceptors. She is so incredibly smart and the sweetest person. And she makes some killer baba ganoush!
It feels so good to be done. This is something I have been working towards since starting college oh so many years ago. I really didn't know if I would make it this far! I didn't blog too much about my internship, but it was one challenging, intense year. Now it is time to buckle down and study for that RD exam, because as much work as we have put in so far, we aren't dietitians yet!
1 comment:
Congrats!!! Looks like a really fun night! Love your dress, by the way.
Post a Comment