What a beautiful day! Have I mentioned how much we love San Diego- especially in the winter? Eric came home from church today and changed right away into shorts. I love not feeling frozen every minute of the day, even when we are inside (ie, one year ago in China). I went for a long run yesterday morning along the harbor and it was so beautiful and warm!
We had the windows wide open today during nursery to let that beautiful sun in. I thought it was a wonderful idea- that is, until toys started making their way out the window. Should have seen that coming. :). Nursery was so nice today. We lost half of our kids at the beginning of the year to Primary (that poor Sunbeam teacher!) so it has been a lot quieter due to that. But our church time was also changed to 11:00 and so I think nursery time now is during a lot of those kids' nap time. Today for example, the kids seemed so subdued and quiet, like little zombies almost- I think because they were so tired. At least it hasn't turned into a cranky tired yet. Not yet at least...
Speaking of Nursery, Eric's mom introduced me a while back to an awesome website, Sugardoodle. It has lesson ideas and help for nursery, primary, and all the way up to Relief Society. Tons of great ideas- it has been really helpful. Definitely check it out if you do any sort of teaching at church, or even if you have kids- there are so many activity ideas on there. I have so many ideas now for what I can do to make nursery more than just letting the kids run wild and then feed them snacks, sneaking some for myself while we are at it. Hopefully I will be able to take the time to actually implement some of them!
I am enjoying working with these little kids a lot more than I was expecting. They are all so adorable, except of course when they decide to throw toys at each other. And I have discovered the secret to all of their tiny hearts- bubbles. Who know that some simple soap and water could make a little kid's face light up so quickly. If only it was that easy with everyone!
2 comments:
Bubbles are truely the key!! Thanks so much for the website!
We gave Lydia some bubbles for Christmas and they are miracles during every meltdown!!! I love how quickly they can distract her and make her happy! I'm so glad you're liking your calling (and that the kids are subdued and not cranky!)! I had a hard time in nursery, but maybe it was just our situation. Y'all are great! Thanks again for calling on Sunday! I really want to be better at this whole communication thing!
Post a Comment