Sunday, January 2, 2011

Another year over

"Another year over, and a new one just begun..."
               ~John Lennon, lyrics

Eric and I were talking over the last year together and what a wonderful year it has been for us! So much has happened and so many amazing experiences and opportunities have come to us. Definitely another year of big steps and changes for our little family! Eric and I will always remember our months in China- the excitement, traveling, food, but most of all the time we had to be together.  It was like an extended honeymoon, a great beginning for our marriage!
The time we had over the summer with Eric's family is also a time we will always be grateful for. I loved the time I had to get to know Eric's parents better.  They are such wonderful people- I've got to have the best in-laws out there!
Now in our new home in San Diego, Eric and I have settled in and are very happy. These will also be months to remember and treasure- our tiny apartment, riding our bikes every morning together to school and work, the worry and stress over finances and budget, trips to the beach, and again, time spent together.  Everything that would be so hard, difficult, and stressful has been made so much easier and enjoyable since I can go through it all with Eric.
This year has been one of growth- for each of us individually and as a family. I can't wait to see what this new year will bring.

Happy New Year to all of you!


2 comments:

Joyce said...

I'm so glad you were able to spend the summer with us too ... It was fun getting to know each other better. Happy New Year!!!

Ruth said...

Happy New year to you too. I'm glad you guys had a fun Christmas with everyone.