That being said, you may have imagined that you (reader) have missed out on quite a few things in the past month. We are sad to inform you that your suspicions are correct. So, in sympathy for you, here is a recap in pictures of our past month. A few things are missing, since our camera seems to love running out of battery power at the most inopportune moments, but we hope to find ways to recapture those lost moments.
Kiersten in front of Xuanwu Gate (玄武门), one of the original entries into the then capital Nanjing, built over 600 years ago by the first emperor of the Ming dynasty.
A large gate marking the Confucius Temple in Nanjing.
The beginning of a long walk way (including hundreds of steps) up to Sun Yat-sen's (founder of modern China) mausoleum, also located here in Nanjing.
A little change of scenery in the French Quarter's in Shanghai.
For pictures like this, I make Kiersten stand to one corner of the picture so I don't look too obvious in my desire to capture cute elderly Chinese folk on camera (taken in Shanghai).
This is one of my favorites, also taken in Shanghai.
Oh, the things we have to go through just to get to the other side of the street. This is East Nanjing Street in downtown Shanghai.
Kiersten made me do this one. The first of many pictures at Zhonghuamen (a.k.a. The Castle at Zhonghua Gate), the largest existing gate fortress, built 600 years ago, and really quite a remarkable structure.
Kiersten looking out over Zhonghuamen.
And, another shot of Zhonghuamen.
Kiersten and I "being" the tunnel at Zhonghuamen.
A characteristic doorway at the Zhanyuan Gardens in Nanjing.
Another view of the Zhanyuan Gardens.
And, another view of the Zhanyuan Gardens.There are so many more, and I wish we could post them all online. It takes a while, though, and until we can figure out how to access our picasa web albums, these will have to suffice.
5 comments:
Love the pictures! You guys have a talent in photography!
It looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Those are great pictures! I'm glad you guys are having a good time. :)
Fun times! The gardens look beautiful!
I like your pictures! Glad you figured out how to post them! Kiersten, how's teaching? I'm sure you love it! I still think about going running with you? I promise! Do you still go in the morning???
Post a Comment