And ruby and olive and violet and fawn
And lilac and gold and chocolate and mauve
And cream and crimson and silver and rose
And azure and lemon and russet and grey
And purple and white and pink and orange
And blue!
You don't have to know me long to know that I love musicals, and happily for me, Kiersten does too. Thus, at the beginning of the summer, we made the goal to be in attendance at all three of the Scera outdoor theater's summer musicals. And, equipped with a starving student card promising us two tickets for $10 each time, we were confident in our ability to make it happen. And so, as of Monday evening, we are happy to announce...
Beauty and the Beast ... ... ... ... CHECK!
West Side Story ... ... ... ... CHECK!
AND...
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat ... ... ... ... CHECK!
The Scera always does an amazing job at pulling together a stellar cast (both as actors and singers) and they don't waste any time or money on providing the best set, choreography and atmosphere for their outdoor plays. That being said, it is hard to pick a favorite musical of the summer.
This last performance of Joseph, however, had some special meaning for Kiersten and I. For those of you who remember, our first date eleven months ago was also to a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. We both admit this week's performance was the better of the two (no hesitation there), and it even added a fun twist of Las Vegas to the plot, but somehow those high school students from last September attempting French accents as they sang "Those Canaan Days" forever won a place in our hearts.
And now, as we prepare to leave Provo a week from today, we with them sing,
Eh bien, raise your berets, to those [Provo] days.
3 comments:
That sounds like so much fun!!
It's hard to believe you guys are leaving so soon! Is it really August already?
I'm glad you got to see "Joseph." My cousin as well a friend of mine from high school both acted in it. I wish I could have seen it, too. From what I keep hearing, it's a great show.
What! How do you know all these people I know, and we never knew the connection? Or are you just posing with Jason b/c he's Joseph?
I'm so jealous that you guys are headed out to China, too. Have so much fun!
Post a Comment