Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Letter to Sadie, 4 months


Dearest Sadie

Four months, Sadie-girl! This has been a good month, a lot of improvements. You no longer are sad all the time! I still think you are fussy than most little babies, but you like your pacifier so that saves us a lot of the time. I still can't just lay you down on your play mat or in your bouncy chair for very long at all. You would much rather be held. So when you do let me I rush to shower, get breakfast on the table or whatever is it I'm trying to do in those brief few minutes. But you definitely have more happy moments. You smile is more frequent and seems more genuine, like you actually mean it now.


I think part of why you are still a bit sad is the fact that you seem to have already started teething. You are drooling all over the place and constantly putting your hand and my fingers into your mouth. 

You have started to coo and gurgle which is just too adorable. I love the 'talking' you do and Abby and I love to coo back at you. 

You've still got a huge fan in Abby, Rua too, but especially Abby. She is always asking to hold you and tries to help when you are sad.


Another cute thing you have started to do so clasp your hand together. Sometimes you put them in your mouth, but usually you just sit there holding those hands together. If there is some soft material near those hand, or if you are wearing a dress, you were grasp that material in your clasped hands.


And...you rolled over for the first time this month. You've been close for a few weeks now and I'd been just waiting for you to do it. And finally, about a week ago, you did it! And funny thing is I was sitting next to you and completely missed it! It was first thing in the morning, probably around 6am, and I had taken you out to the front room and had you on your back on the floor. Try as I might to stay alert and interact with you, I kept dozing off and having to shake myself out of it. Well, one of those times, I shook myself awake and looked down and you were on your tummy! In those couple seconds when I wasn't looking you had done it! I was a little bummed to have missed it, but you've kindly repeated it a few times since then.


You are still sleeping several naps a day, at least 3-4. So you schedule is still completely unpredictable which has made from some rough days when I've made plans and we are out while you are tired and cranky. And you no longer will sleep easily when we are out and about. So that's been rough. Your nights have gotten better and worse. You have been going back down easier when you wake up, but lately your 5-6 hour initial stretch isn't happening at all.


You are a great little eater and have had no issues at all with breastfeeding which is great.

You have started to lose you hair so it's getting kind of scraggly looking. Now to see what color it grows back as! You've got me hoping for a little redhead.
I love you my little girl, it's been a fun month! Keep those smiles coming!


Love,
Your Mamma
 

No comments: