Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pregnancy #2 Weeks 27-30

This pregnancy is sure flying by!  I am well into the third trimester and past week 30. I almost wish I could slow everything down so I could just focus on this little girl. I couldn't be more excited for her, but often I forget I'm pregnant since Abby is constantly requiring my focus and attention.  I haven't even given any thought really to a name for her!  I want to take time to at least make a few things specially for her, a quilt and some little skirts/dresses are on my list.  Maybe even a blessing outfit??  

I am sure more uncomfortable this time around, so baby girl doesn't let me forget for too long that she is here. She has started making huge kicks and movements, some that are really quite painful.  It feels as though she is punching her arm out and then just keeping it there!  It's fun watching my stomach move up and down as she moves though.  Abby has finally felt baby sister move a couple times.  She thinks it's funny that baby sister is kicking her. 

This pregnancy itself is going great.  For the last few midwife visits, they have been becoming increasingly concerned though about her growth.  I have been consistently measuring small (like one week behind), and then the last two visits, so starting with week 28ish, I was suddenly measuring 3 weeks behind, 25 weeks instead of 28.  They were pushing for an extra ultrasound, worried that she wasn't growing enough.  Now, this happened with Abby too, and I was so worried, but the extra ultrasound showed that she was just fine.  So I was hesitating, really not liking the potential extra cost of an ultrasound when I was pretty certain everything was fine.  They agreed to wait til the next visit (week 30) to see how I measured.  Sure enough, I measured at 27, 3 weeks behind.  So they told me we had to do the ultrasound.  We went in the next day.  The first thing the technician says is, "wow you really are small for 30!"  But as she starts measuring the images, baby girl was right on average.  Just where she should be.  Apparently I have a deep pelvis so my babies just sit further back and so when they measure my uterus, it comes out smaller. It was a relief to know she was fine, but I really had already known that.  Sure was fun to see the little girl though!  

Abby was of course watching the whole time and when the technician had two pictures up on the screen, Abby looks at me and asks, "Two babies?"  It was so cute and funny.  Nope, just one in there!

At 30ish weeks. I feel like I am huge, no matter what those midwives say!

No comments: