I've decided to try to involve Abby more in meal prep! Usually I try to do all the dinner prep during her nap since that is just easier, but then those precious two hours quickly go by and I feel like all I've done is clean and spend time in the kitchen. My own list of things I'd like to/need to get done never seems to get any shorter.
She has always liked to watch me cook, but the most she's done to sort of help is snapping green beans with me. Today I propped her up on our kitchen step stool and had her place veggies as I cut them into bowls. Then she handed me the eggs I needed to crack (I had my hand right there too!) and then whisked them up. And she absolutely loved it! She cried when I told her we were all done whisking the eggs.
I know that this will make it a lot longer of a process and we won't be able to do it all days since often we are out and about. But to at least free up some time for me and to have Abby hands on with the food, I think it's worth it. I think it will be great to familiarize her with the different veggies. Today she was sticking raw sweet potatoes, bell peppers, and onions, into her mouth to try them out. The onion experiment didn't end too well...
All in all, day one on the job for Abby went well and I'm excited to start cooking with her!
1 comment:
Wow! You're brave! I try to have Lydia help me out in the kitchen. But I don't dare even brave it with Hannah! She is so unpredictable lately that I can picture eggs getting thrown (literally. She loves throwing everything lately!) and tantrums being thrown over me trying to help her (she is incredibly determined to be independent and if you ever touch her hands to help her then all hell will break loose!). Ya, Hannah is a special one. I am so impressed that you are able and willing to do this with Abby! Props to you! You have a natural little chef in the making :)!
Post a Comment