We had a wonderful 'first' last night. Abby surprised us by sleeping the entire night straight through . Not a peep from her the whole night - well, she did wake and cry for a second around midnight but then went right back to sleep (yay!). Eric and I both halfway woke up around 5am and I checked the time. Surprised, I told Eric and he said that maybe I should go see if she was still breathing. :) Listening carefully, I could hear her breathing though, so I relaxed an enjoyed another hour of sleep before she woke up happy.
Wow. Now to see if she will ever do it again. Keeping our fingers crossed for tonight!
2 comments:
That's great! I hope she keeps it up for you because sleep is such a beautiful thing. :) Though, I would say that if she does start getting up again during the night, don't rush to her. See first if she can soothe herself back to sleep (like she did when she woke up briefly). She's more than old enough to be doing this consistently, so long as you let her. ;)
That's wonderful! I really hope it sticks too, but if not she'll probably start to be doing it more frequently. I agree with Lindsay, to see if she can soothe herself back to sleep. Hoping for a good night tonight!
Post a Comment