Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's Summer

Summer is officially here. And I don't know about you all, but it was sure a beautiful day! And summer brings with it the start of Eric's internship and the nearing of the end of mine!  Eric had his first day yesterday at Cymer.  He will be spending the next 3 months in their Global Trade Solutions department doing all sorts of important stuff. 

As for me, I officially have about 6 weeks left of my internship. I am finishing up my outpatient and community rotations with a week at WIC this week. Eric is currently running some regressions for me on data I have to analyze on breastfeeding rates among San Diego's WIC participants.  And he thought he was on vacation.

So this may not turn out to be a 'lounging at the beach' or a 'long road trip' summer for us. But we wont complain. We do live in San Diego after all.  

Here's some of the fun things we have already done this summer.  Okay, it was last weekend, but it was almost summer!

Played croquet with the father-in-law...


Went to my kid brothers college graduation...













This brother of mine graduated with just about 
the most perfect GPA I've ever seen.  
Who knew I was related to such a smart kid?














Had a blast at the post-graduation party...







It was actually a combined party for my mom and my brother. My brother just graduated and my mom is now officially a retired teacher!






Yes, he is putting a blanket into the barbeque. No idea why, but it was sure cute.

And this was just a nice picture of my parents. 

2 comments:

Joyce said...

And, to add to all your other festivities last weekend, it was also Father's day! I know your family enjoyed having you there.

Ruth said...

Looks like it was a great weekend! I'm really glad you decided to include a retirement party for Mom- she really deserved it. Thanks!