Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Finally done

Today I had my case study presentation- which is the major project of my internship.  It feels so good to have that done! It's like finals week, stepping out of your last final, finally able to breathe and relax a little. Except that I'm not done, I have to go back tomorrow...

This project marks the end of my clinical rotation, which I have been in for the past six months. And for about half that time I have been working on this project.  If any of you have nothing better to do you can read my report, I thought it was interesting at least :). Though I guess I shouldn't put anyone but Eric through that. The patient I did the case study on had end-stage AIDS with complicating opportunistic infections which made providing adequate nutrition very difficult. Yep, interesting stuff.

Next week I will start doing my community and outpatient rotations.  I get to start out at the eating disorder clinic. That will be interesting, though probably pretty depressing.

Just to make this post a little more fun, here are some pictures that I meant to post and never did. We interns put on a nutrition fair at a local elementary school a few weeks ago for National Nutrition Month (which was March as I'm sure everyone knew, right? :)- so fun!

Here is me with the other interns, Edna, Natasha, Sam, and Mei- super fun girls! (there are a couple med students mixed in who were also helping out)

Isn't that clever- Sam (another intern) had the kids make a 'plant' out of veggies on a pita. Can you see his tree?

At my booth we had a blast talking about fruit- yum!

3 comments:

Maren said...

Now I'm excited for actually knowing March was nutrition awareness month, although I probably wouldn't have if I hadn't been designing a healthy lifestyle brochure for work...

What you're doing sounds so awesome, Kiersten!

Tamara said...

Congratulations on finishing the portion of the intership!!!

Kimberly said...

Congrats on finishing your case study! What a relief! It looks like you're having a lot of fun with nutrition! Way to go!