Valentines Day was over a week ago, but its always a good day to talk about my amazing husband.
We had such a fun Valentines Day. I happened, by chance, to have the day off (got lucky with the preceptor I was with that week!), so we were able to have the entire day together. So what did we do? We sat at our kitchen table and studied pretty much the entire day. Couldn't bring ourselves to take that much of a break while we are still in school, I guess...
But once 4 o'clock hit, we closed the lap-tops and put the books away and hit the town. Well, we actually rode our bikes into town because we are too cheap to pay downtown prices for parking. Thanks to a giftcard (yay for Christmas and parents!) we were able to enjoy our first night eating out in about 5 months.
After riding our bikes back up the long, very steep hill home Eric collapsed on the couch, and could only be revived with the amazing cheesecake that I made. I can count on one hand the number of times I have made a cheesecake and those were all so long ago so I was a bit worried it wouldn't quite work out. Especially when everything I read said to absolutely never use anything but full-fat cream cheese and all I had was the low-fat kind. But ha! it totally worked and tasted amazing.
As we ate our cheesecake I even got Eric to watch State Fair with me, an old musical that I really like. Perfect valentines day movie.
I love my husband, in spite of the fact that he makes me ride miles on my bike on Valentines Day just to eat dinner. :) Actually, that was probably the best part of my day (besides the cheesecake). We live in such a pretty city, its a shame we don't make time for more bike rides like that.
I love you Eric, thanks for making every day a wonderful day.
2 comments:
You guys were a lot more exciting than us! It was too hectic of a day to go out and so we just ate a meal at home. The cheesecake looks delicious. I wish I could have piece!!!
How fun! I would love to ride bikes again! But we need to get some first. David and I spent our Valentine's at home too. Not planned. But with sick babies, you can't really ask your friends to watch them and risk getting sick too. So, we made do with a romantic movie with sparkling cider, strawberries with whipped cream and candlelight. It was still a fun date!
Post a Comment