Finals are done, and that it is a wonderful feeling. So, to celebrate, here are a couple of news items I found interesting (read: fascinating).
First, Thomas S. Monson has been voted the most powerful octogenarian (guy over 80) in America by Slate. And, when you look at the other figures in the spots behind him, it is quite the accomplishment. By the way, who knew that B.B. King was still alive?

Second, the NY Times has put out wonderful interactive maps allowing you to view local census data from 2005-2009. You should definitely check it out. Make sure you go to "view more maps" to see the other options. You may discover something new. In my case, I discovered why I am so poor lately based on this one:
In case you didn't notice, in this map of median monthly rents, San Diego isn't the cheapest place on the map. You can also zoom into specific areas to view your own block. Quite the fun thing to do.
1 comment:
Those are fascinating! You and Blake are both at the most expensive areas! And I complain about money! Sorry! Anyhow, thank you for sharing! I'll be playing around with these for a while now!
Post a Comment